Smooth Trowel – 100% solids, high-build Epoxy Mortar
- Stormwater and and sewer pits repair.
- Concrete Repair
- Wet Wall and Vaults
STRUCTURAL REPAIR. The premium 100% solids epoxy provides powerful concrete repair, with outstanding chemical resistance and lasting durability.
EASY APPLICATION. Smooth Trowel delivers a no-run, trowel-able product for quick, efficient application. It can also be applied vertically.
LONG TERM PROTECTION. Our durable epoxy maintains high pH levels to provide long-term protection against harmful gases, chemicals and corrosion. It actively prevents concrete cancer and similar degradation.
- Existing Conrete and Masonry surfaces to be free of oil, grease and flaky, friable concrete. Use a suitable degreasing product if required.
- Use mechanical abrasion, for example shot / grit blasting to create a suitable high-quality bonding profile.
- Or scabble concrete to expose clean surface.
- Clean reinforcing steel of all loose and hard rust. Some steel surfaces may require a solvent cleaning and treating the reinforcing steel with a rust inhibitor.
- Check ambient temperature, ambient temperature of Part A and B and temperature of application area.
|A (Parts by Weight)||B (Parts by Weight)|
Work / Cure Times
Temperature Work Time Touch Dry
21°C 60 minutes 4 hrs
30°C 45 minutes 3 hrs
40°C 20 minutes 1.5 hr
* Quoted times are a guide only, with other site conditions which can affect these times eg: direct sunlight, water, moisture, quantity of resin mixed, ambient temperature of resin when mixing etc
5kg per square meter with a 7-8mm thickness. Actual coverage will be determined by the substrate roughness and porosity. One coating application will be adequate in most applications however several coats can be applied after cured to touch dry to create a multiple layer thickness coating.
Repairing a Stormwater Pit Using Pipe Magics Smooth Trowel:
The Pit is Cleaned.
2) The measurements are taken and epoxy is measured and mixed.
3) Smooth Trowel Epoxy is placed on the trowel tool.
4) Smooth Trowel Epoxy is applied to the prepared concrete surface using trowel tool
5) Smooth Trowel Epoxy is further applied to the prepared concrete surface using trowel tool
6) Touch-up can be performed using a small plastic screed tool.
7) The stormwater pit is coated and repaired using Pipe Magics Smooth Trowel