Smooth Trowel – Concrete Cancer Repair Epoxy.
Smooth Trowel is a trowelable repair epoxy mortar designed to repair concrete surfaces. The smooth trowel formula has been chemically designed to maintain a high pH for 5+ years which enables the prevention of further corrosion to the concrete substrate.
Smooth trowel provides a structural repair coating with a high pH which neutralizes and acts as an inhibitor for harmful gases that cause concrete cancer and corrosion.
Smooth Trowel is a premium 100% solids epoxy that offers outstanding chemical resistance and lasting durability with adhesion to concrete substrates and metal surfaces.
Ideal for deal for storm-water and sewer pits, manholes, wet walls, vaults and many more concrete repair surfaces.
The repair process for cracked, breaks, chipped and spalling concrete will depend upon the extent of damage and the location in any structural component.
The repair process will generally follow the following principals:
- Remove all loose, chipped, and damaged concrete;
- Expose the reinforcing steel work;
- Clean reinforcing steel of all loose and hard rust;
- Treat reinforcing steel with a rust inhibitor;
- Patch the concrete with the smooth trowel epoxy in required thickness to suit the structural capacity of the areas being repaired;
- Repair / replace waterproofing membranes;